Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lecture

The lecture on Thursday was definitely interesting. I found it hard to relate to the speaker, but I did enjoy his work. My favorite parts of his work were his paintings and his black and white sculptures. They were definitely the style I'm interested in. I also enjoyed his sense of design and aesthetic. However, I wasn't as impressed with the videos. Yes, they were interesting in terms of transformation and how they seemed to create complex abstract imagery through realized images, but simultaneously, I didn't feel like it was his original work. I more saw them as funky spoofs of these various videos. If he had taken his own videos and manipulated them, it would have been much more interesting. I was inspired by some of his work, but he wasn't necessarily my favorite artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment